Crunchbase News offers seven predictions for 2023
Biotech is "a rare bright spot" among the sectors.
Coming off a record-breaking 2021 for start-up investment, Crunchbase News described 2022 as “a hard reset to more normal times.” What are its predictions for 2023? Here are seven, based on Crunchbase News reporting.
- The market for initial public offerings will remain sluggish;
- There will be more mergers and acquisitions as “companies go bargain shopping”;
- Valuations of cybersecurity companies “will come back to earth”;
- FinTech will remain hot in spite of what happened in late 2022 to crypto;
- “Investors may be losing their appetite for plant-based meat”;
- Biotech is “a rare bright spot”; and
- “Novelty is in, copycats are out.”
Click here for additional insights on each prediction.
Look for the annual “Investor Outlook” series from teknovation.biz that starts next week.