CO.LAB announces 11 of 12 teams for upcoming “GIGTANK”
Eleven of the 12 participants in the 2014 “GIGTANK” were announced yesterday by Chattanooga’s CO.LAB, host of the annual event. Also joining the cause are 10 specialists who will provide assistance to one or more of the start-up companies.
As previously reported, this year’s “GIGTANK,” which launches May 12, is focused on the 3D printing/additive manufacturing, smart grid and healthcare markets. The 11 teams announced thus far fall into one of four groups:
3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing Track:
- Feetz is a 3D printing manufacturer and retailer that creates custom-fit footwear for consumers of all shoe sizes.
- Lathon Technologies is a producer of affordable dual material desktop 3D printers.
- SeamBot is an additive manufacturing technology for clothing makers and crafters worldwide.
- The Fab Cloud is a web platform that facilitates project collaboration between partners and customers in the additive manufacturing industry.
- TrakTek 3D is a mobile manufacturing facility that uses advanced 3D printing to create an array of metal and polymer-based parts on-demand and on-site at the location of clients’ choosing.
Crossovers in the 3D Printing and Healthcare Tracks:
3DOps is a 3D printing manufacturer that provides contract medical devices for pre-surgical planning.
Nestegg Bio is a biotech solutions provider that leverages 3D printing to spur advancements in biomedicine.
- KORHealth is a mobile platform that engages healthcare providers, patients and families in pursuing better health outcomes.
- MHA is big data driven solution applied to improve mental health conditions.
- eFit2Play is a health and wellness technology solution for childhood obesity prevention service providers.
Smart Grid Track:
- GridCure is a smart grid software analytics provider that focuses on security and operation management.
- An additional smart grid start-up will be announced later.
For more information about the teams, click here (Startup Team Bios_GIGTANK 2014). To read the CO.LAB news release, click here (GIGTANK Selects Startup Teams for 2014 Accelerator_Local Announcement_20140410).