“Chain Reaction Innovations,” Argonne National Laboratory’s counterpart to “Innovation Crossroads” at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), has announced the participants in the fifth cohort of the program.
The individuals, the universities from which they graduated, and their initiatives are:
- Arsheen Allam of Duke University – Graphene-based Capacitative Deionization Water Filtration Technology;
- Claudiu Bucar of Florida State University – Solid State Battery with 2x Density of Li-ion;
- Sanza Kazadi of California Institute for Technology – Entrochemical Systems Technology;
- Niall O’Dowd of the University of California San Diego – Optical In-situ Monitoring for Metal Additive Manufacturing; and
- Hongjun Zeng from the University of Illinois at Chicago – High Performance Carbon Nanotube Composite Materials for Energy Related Applications.
The five were selected following a national solicitation process that resulted in 177 applications to the program. Each innovator participated in a rigorous two-part pitch competition that was judged by industry experts, investors, scientists and engineers.
We expect an announcement in the new few weeks from ORNL about participants in Cohort 5 of “Innovation Crossroads.”