Brookings issues new guide on assessing innovation ecosystem
A new report from the Brookings Institution is really a guide to assessing the vibrancy of a community’s innovation ecosystem. The document outlines five areas to assess:
1. Critical mass: Where are your region’s highest concentrations of innovation assets?
2. Innovation capacity: Is the district leveraging and aligning its distinctive advantages to grow and strengthen firms’ innovation capacity?
3. Diversity and inclusion: Does the district have an inclusive, diverse, and opportunity-rich environment?
4. Quality of place: Does the district have physical and social assets that attract a diversity of firms and people, increase interactions, and accelerate innovation outcomes?
5. Leadership: Does the district have the leadership necessary to succeed?
Click here to access the guide.