BioSpace Inc., a leading life sciences news and careers site, unveiled its 2022 Hotbed Maps last week, and the results should not surprise anyone. Nine regions were spotlighted in the latest iteration, and they are:
- Biotech Bay (San Francisco Bay and Northern California);
- Biotech Beach (San Diego and Southern California);
- Genetown (Boston and Cambridge);
- Pharm Country (Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island);
- BioMidwest (comprising nine states);
- BioCapital (Washington, DC, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia);
- Lone Star Bio (Texas);
- Bio NC (Research Triangle Park in North Carolina); and BioForest (Washington, Oregon).
An accompanying news release added additional commentary.