Three companies will compete tonight in the finals of the renamed “What’s the Big Idea?” business plan competition at the Square Room on Market Square Mall. The competition begins at 5 p.m., and the public is invited to attend.
The companies are:
- Dine Touch, a smartphone integration of the dining experience that allows restaurant patrons to order food, pay their bill and communicate with staff via their smartphone.
- Line Shark, professional audio output for mobile devices that allows real-time recording for musicians directly into their iPhone or Android phone.
- Virtuous Products, a “Sedonite” product for the countertop industry and outdoor furniture industry providing an affordable and energy-conscious alternative to using new materials.
The winning entrepreneur will be eligible for more than $35,000 in capital and business services including:
- $10,000 cash grant for start-up costs
- $15,000 potential equity investment by Tech 20/20 Venture Start-Up Fund
- One-year’s rent at the Fairview Technology Center
- Services provided by: Rodefer Moss & Company (accounting), CEO Advisors (business coaching), The IT Company & Digital Crossing Networks (IT hosting and services), Kathleen Zitzman (legal services), Knoxville Chamber (membership), and Tech2020 (business coaching)
The event is organized by the Knoxville Chamber, Development Corporation of Knox County, and Tech 20/20. The competition is sponsored by Rodefer Moss & Company and Oak Ridge National Laboratory.