Anderson Center announces new “TechExec Leadership Development Program”
It is a cohort-based offering that meets in-person for three hours every month, other than June, between January and November.
The Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business is recruiting applicants for a new educational program for technology executives.
Named the “TechExec Leadership Development Program,” the cohort-based course is focused on rounding out skills that individuals with strong technical and innovation-based backgrounds can use to enhance their leadership and business knowledge. Participants have ample opportunities to network with and learn from others, especially exemplary business leaders.
The primary instructor is Larry Bodie, a Partner, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Claris Networks which grew to be one of the 10 largest managed and cloud service providers in the U.S. through a blend of organic growth and acquisitions. After selling Claris Networks in 2015, Bodie began sharing his expertise with other business executives through coaching and mentorship.
Topics that will be covered during 10 monthly, in-person sessions between January and November include:
- Leadership and Culture: Leadership styles and culture set the stage for how companies operate. Learn about various styles and how to build the culture you want.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Learn about various tools, methods and cadences that lead to executing a winning strategy.
- Procurement and Vendor Relationships: Gain insight on how to find the right vendors to support your business.
- Business Development and Customer Relationships: Discover how to build and manage a winning sales team and cultivate longtime customers.
- Finance and Accounting: Gain an understanding of financial statements and other ways finance and accounting play an integral part in operating a business effectively.
- Business Law: Learn about the legal issues businesses face, how to protect your intellectual property and what the options for the structure of a business are.
- Funding Strategies: Learn about different types and methods of raising capital for new and existing businesses.
- Human Resources: Gain knowledge about how to recruit and retain the best employees, how to avoid HR pitfalls and how to manage situations when they happen.
- Leading Cross-functional and Multi-generational Teams: Leading teams is more challenging than ever. Hear ways to effectively lead and manage today’s diverse workforce.
- Industries and Trends of the Future: Discover the trends in the industries and the direction the future is moving.
Cost is $5,000 per person. For more information, click here.