Agenda revealed for next month’s “3686 Entrepreneurship Festival”
The bulk of the programming is scheduled for September 20 and includes a pitch competition with a $150,000 investment from InvestTN up for grabs.
The bulk of the programming is scheduled for the second day of the event when about a dozen sessions, including a pitch competition for start-ups, are scheduled. Another highlight of the agenda for September 20 is a live recording of the You Might Be Right Podcast that features former Tennessee Governors Phil Bredesen and Bill Haslam. The podcast guest will be announced soon.
Those interested in competing in the pitch event hosted by InvestTN can apply here by August 25. Five finalists will be selected by Launch Tennessee’s capital team with a $150,000 investment from InvestTN up for grabs, subject to terms and conditions for investments from the fund.
Here’s a summary of the agenda that was announced this week with all times CDT.
- 12 noon – Early badge pick-up and open house at Launch Tennessee’s offices, 1321 6th Avenue North.
- 1:30 p.m. – “Partner Popup: Project FinTech First Look” at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center, 41 Peabody Street. NOTE: Separate registration is required at this link.
- 5 p.m. – “Founder Happy Hour” at Bearded Iris Brewing.
- 9:30 a.m. – “Ready for Liftoff: Getting Your Product to Market in Regulated Industries” featuring Ian Villa, Co-Founder, Chief Operating Officer (COO), and Chief Product Officer of Whisper Aero Inc.; Cain McClary, Managing Partner at KdT Ventures; and Suzanne Drumwright, Director of Operations at Dextrous Robotics.
- 9:30 a.m. – “Betting on Tennessee: Investors Who Think Tennessee Companies Have What It Takes” featuring Monique Villa, Chief Investment Officer at Launch Tennessee; Chris Sugden, Managing Partner at Edison Partners; Ryan Clinton, Managing Partners at Ridgeline; Tania Grant, Partner at Claritas Capital; and Rob McCabe, Chair of the Board at Pinnacle Financial Partners.
- 10:30 a.m. – Live recording of the podcast.
- 1 p.m. – Panel featuring founders who have recently completed funding rounds.
- 1 p.m. – “Building the Future of Music and Entertainment” featuring Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) Roy Taylor of Ryff and Jon Vlassopulos of Napster.
- 2 p.m. – “Consumer Connection: Creating Longevity With Your Customer Engagement” featuring Chris Carter, Co-Founder and CEO of Porter Road, and Ellie Bahrmasel, Co-Founder and CEO of Further Faster.
- 2 p.m. – Panel focused on the venture studio model in the HealthTech sector.
- 3 p.m. – “What’s Next for FinTech?” panel featuring Jamie Ikerd, COO of Built Technologies; Brittani Roberts, Principal at FINTOP Capital; Neil Kapur, General Partner at TTV Capital; and LuLu Chang, Investor at Canapi Ventures.
- 3 p.m. – “Climate Tech: Beyond the Buzz” featuring Anca Timofte, Co-Founder and CEO of Holocene.
- 4 p.m. – Start-up Pitch Competition.
- 4 p.m. – “Partner Popup: BBQ & Beer (And Hardware)” at Ovyl Studio, 1050 4th Avenue South. NOTE: Separate registration is required at this link.
- 5:30 p.m. – “Partner Popup: Networking Reception” presented by Life Science Tennessee and the Tennessee Medical Association at Morton’s The Steakhouse, 618 Church Street. NOTE: Separate registration is required at this link.
- 9 a.m. – Second annual Limited Partner and General Partner Breakfast for investors only,
- 10:30 a.m. – “Partner Popup: Black Entrepreneurs Meetup” at a location to be announced later. NOTE: Separate registration is required at this link.
Tickets are available at this link.