Input from nearly 5,000 residents of Chattanooga and Hamilton County who participated in a project named “Velocity2040” was released yesterday in a news conference.
Funded by the Chattanooga Chamber Foundation with support from private sector investors, the community visioning process began in 2018 and is now set to move forward on a timeline that calls for the fully-completed five-year plan to be unveiled in April.
At yesterday’s event, it was announced that the input points to five major community goals that represent “a bold, new vision for our future” in Hamilton County by 2040. They are:
- We’re the smartest city in the South, focusing on educational excellence for all students;
- Every resident thrives economically;
- Twenty minutes or less is our transit standard;
- Diverse leaders represent the full spectrum of who we are; and
- A collaborative process for solving challenges with openness and respect has transformed neighborhoods and brought our governments together.
You can learn more by reading yesterday’s news release (Velocity2040 Release).