As 2018 comes to a close, PitchBook and a team of analysts look back on the most important trends that characterized the venture capital landscape this year. In the “2019 Private Venture Capital Outlook,” the PitchBook analysts review the predictions they made nearly 12 months ago, comparing them against what actually transpired, and then lay out their forecast for the key forces that will drive the global venture capital market in the year to come.
What are those predictions? They include:
- IPOs as a proportion of total VC exit value will hit another decade high.
- New participants in VC will continue to proliferate.
- Median early stage valuation step-ups will hit 2.0x in 2019.
- Median angel and seed deal size will continue to climb.
- Growth in median fund size will decelerate.
- Banks will back more institutional blockchain solutions.
Click here to register and access the report. And, look for our annual outlook series from Tennessee-based angels and venture capitalists in mid-January.