The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development is hitting the road next week for a series of briefings on the new federal Opportunity Zones that we discussed in this recent teknovation.biz article.
The program, authorized under the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” passed by Congress in late 2017, is designed as a tax incentive for investors to re-invest their unrealized capital gains into Opportunity Funds that are dedicated to investing in Opportunity Zones (O-Zones) designated by the chief executives of every U.S. state and territory.
Five of the sessions are in the primary coverage area of teknovation.biz:
- December 3 – 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon at the MeadowView Conference Center, 1901 Meadowview Parkway, Kingsport. (Click here to register.)
- December 4 – 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Knoxville Chamber, 17 Market Square, Knoxville. (Click here to register.)
- December 4 – 2 to 5 p.m. at The Edney Innovation Center, 1100 Market Street, Chattanooga. (Click here to register.)
- December 7 – 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Leslie Town Centre, 1 W 1st Street, Cookeville. (Click here to register.)
- December 12 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Tennessee State University’s Avon Williams Campus, 330 Tenth Avenue North, Nashville. (Click here to register.)
For more information, click here.