Eight start-ups pitching at “Rise of the Rest” Chattanooga stop announced
Yesterday, we noted that Mixtroz, a Middle Tennessee start-up participating in the Velocity Accelerator, would be one of the eight start-ups presenting to Steve Case during the Birmingham stop of the week-long “Rise of the Rest Road Trip” through the South.
The eight start-ups that will pitch for $100,000 when Case and his team visit Chattanooga on May 10 were announced yesterday. They are:
- Aegle Gear, a Chattanooga start-up focused on healthcare apparel;
- Branch Technology, a 3D printing start-up from Chattanooga that we’ve spotlighted on numerous occasions on biz;
- CPRWrap, another Chattanooga start-up that was the subject of this biz article when it was known as CPR LifeWrap;
- CurieCo, a life science company that engineers biomaterials to replace harmful or banned chemicals found in consumer products and industrial processes;
- FreightWaves, a Chattanooga media company that prepares market indices, geo heat-maps, and barometers that “map the freight market,” helping participants to understand how the market will impact them;
- InfinityCo, a Clarksville start-up providing aproduct to help enhance student organization, fueling better performance and making it easier for students to stay involved on campus;
- SkyNano Technologies, a participant in Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s inaugural “Innovation Crossroads” program that was spotlighted most recently in this biz article; and
- WorkHound, another Chattanooga start-up with a continuous feedback platform for frontline workers to help companies proactively address issues. It was the subject of this spotlight on teknovation.biz.
“The Rise of the Rest Road Trip” festivities begin at 4 p.m. at the Waterhouse Pavilion, 850 Market Street. To attend the event, you must pre-register. Here’s the link.