Big focus on nuclear planned for first week in October
Four days in early October are being branded as “Nuclear Opportunities Week” in Knoxville and Oak Ridge. During that period, a number of events are planned including:
- October 2 – The “Nuclear Suppliers Workshop” hosted by the East Tennessee Economic Council at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL);
- October 2, 3 and 4 – The Energy Technology and Business Association’s annual “Business Opportunities & Technical Conference” at the Knoxville Convention Center;
- October 3 and 4 – The “Molten Salt Reactor Workshop” at ORNL;
- October 4 – A community celebration of the 75th anniversary of nuclear energy at a location in Oak Ridge to be announced later; and
- October 5 – A nuclear security program and tour opportunity at the Y-12 National Security Complex.
All are captured on this website.