“TNInventcon” event set for March 3 at Blount County Library
The two organizations are joining forces to hold a four-hour event called “TNInventcon” on Saturday, March 3 at the Library. Starting at 10 a.m. and running until 2 p.m., the program features four topical sessions and about 15 exhibitors.
Presentations are as follows:
- 10 to 10:40 a.m. – “Product Development for Inventors.” Ben Nibali, President of APTUS DesignWorks, a company spotlighted in this two-part biz series (Part 1 and Part 2) from two years ago, will talk about the steps to take your idea through concept, definition, design, engineering, the various types of models, prototypes, materials, manufacturing methods, minimal viable product concepts, getting assistance and more.
- 11 to 11:40 a.m. – “Protecting and Patenting Your Invention.” Tom Kulaga, President of Kulaga Law Office, will discuss ways to protect your idea during initial development and throughout your business dealings with nondisclosure agreements, patent searching, the patenting options and more. Learn how public disclosure and invention scam companies can affect you.
- 12 noon to 12:40 p.m. – “Marketing for Inventors.” Cliff Caudill, Chairman of the Greater Knoxville SCORE Chapter, will discuss the basics of marketing from both the buyer’s perspective and the seller’s perspective. Learn about unique selling proposition, target market, market barriers, cost, pricing, distribution, getting assistance and more.
- 1 to 1:40 p.m. – “Business for Inventors.” Bruce Hayes, Director of the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, will answer questions such as when to start a business, various types of legal structure, commercialization strategies, venturing and licensing, types of financing, planning and getting assistance.
Exhibitors already committed include:
- On a Limb Innovations – Run Straight.
- Turn the Corner – Clothing and Motivational Items.
- Tabletrieve – 21st Century Lazy Susan
- Hooky Line Threader – Fishing Accessory.
- The Trailer Ball – Trailer Security Device.
- STEM/STEAM from SCHOOL LABS.
- BRM Technologies, Inc. – Combustion Engine Technology.
- Sumo Concepts – Tactical Public Address System.
- Millennitek LLC – Prototyping Services.
- Greater Knoxville SCORE – Small Business Counseling Services.
- Third Dimension Models, Inc. – Prototyping Services.
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center – Small Business Advising Service.
- APTUS DesignWorks, Inc. – Design Engineering Services.
- Kulaga Law Office – Patent Attorney.
There is no registration fee or pre-registration. The Blount County Library is located at 508 North Cusick Street adjacent to the Greenbelt in Maryville.