“Maker City Summit 2017” scheduled for September 19 during “Innov865 Week”
One of the most well-attended events during last year’s inaugural “Innov865 Week” celebration in Knoxville is returning for a second year.
The “Maker City Summit 2017” is set for Tuesday, September 19 at the Mill & Mine event center, 227 West Depot Avenue. The programming begins at 9 a.m., continues until 6 p.m., wraps-up with a two-hour “Maker Meet-up” that starts at 6 p.m., and continues for the hardy makers with an “After Party” at the Public House.
According to a press release from the organizers, the Summit is focused on the growth of small scale manufacturers in the community. The City of Knoxville Mayor’s Maker Council, in partnership with Knoxville Entrepreneur Center, is bringing together local craftsmen, artisans, and small-scale manufacturers to help cultivate the region’s maker community.
The goal is to provide makers with tools and strategies to help plan for and manage growth of their small-scale manufacturing businesses. Participants will learn through collaborative panel discussions, one-on-one sessions with industry experts and keynote speakers, and most importantly, from each other.
- Ilana Preuss, Founder of Recast City LLC, a consulting firm that works with real estate developers, city and other civic leaders to integrate manufacturing space for small-scale producers into development projects and local economic development;
- Steph Crowder, part of the team at Fizzle.co, a company that provides training courses for creatives and entrepreneurs;
- Isabella Diaz, a Shop Optimization Specialist at com;
- Joseph Nother, Founder and Executive Creative Director at Designsensory/PopFizz; and
- Mark W. Schaefer, a globally-recognized author, speaker, podcaster, and business
During the afternoon, the organizers have lined-up nearly 30 experts for 15-minute consultations in various fields like accounting, legal, branding and marketing.
Cost is $35 which includes lunch and a t-shirt. For more information and a link to the registration site, click here.