Seven finalists competing in this weekend’s “48Hour Launch: IoT” hackathon
Seven teams have been selected to compete in this weekend’s “48Hour Launch: Internet of Things” business hackathon in Chattanooga. Sponsored by CO.LAB and Mozilla, the teams have proposed projects ranging from drone-enabled utility repairs to Wi-Fi connected plush toys that allow kids to send and receive voice messages.
The teams are competing for prizes that includetwo free trips to MozFest in London, cash, packages of free business services, an automatic spot in CO.LAB’s “GIGTANK” accelerator, and free office space at Society of Work.
“Now that we’ve selected our finalists, we’re asking the public to come learn about their projects at Kickoff Night and join a team for the weekend,” said Mike Bradshaw, Executive Director of CO.LAB. “Public collaboration is critical to the 48Hour Launch experience, and we need volunteers with all manner of skillsets to pitch in and join the process.”
The kick-off is at 6 p.m. at Chattanooga’s Edney Innovation Center. To register, click here.
The selected teams are:
- Aerial Maintenance, an autonomous drone service that streamlines repairs for utility companies, thus cutting costs by requiring smaller maintenance crews and performing more preventive repairs.
- Chatties, a line of Wi-Fi enabled smart plush toys that allows kids to send and receive voice messages from friends and family members.
- Digital Windows, a platform for live streaming real-world activity that students wouldn’t normally be able to access.
- Inclusive Makerspace which is a space that provides engaging activities for students of all abilities to explore and create.
- Schoolife, a desk module built for the classroom that allows students to engage in digital learning experiences.
- Stage Genies, a multimedia system designed to sense and respond to dancers and other performers’ movements.
- ViatoR which utilizes virtual reality to submerge users in interactive language learning experiences.
You can learn more by reading CO.LAB’s news release (CO.LAB and Mozilla Announce Finalists for 48Hour Launch IoT Edition).