KEC “First Friday Fanfare” features Y-12 technologies
The Knoxville Entrepreneur Center’s “First Friday Fanfare” is two weeks away – August 5 to be exact, but it promises to be of real interest to entrepreneurs looking for technologies.
The event, set for 4 to 6 p.m. at KEC’s Market Square location, is an opportunity for the Y-12 National Security Complex to showcase some of its technologies available for licensing. Billed as the “Y-12 Technology Road Show,” the event will spotlight inventions that were developed as part of Y-12’s mission and have been proven in the field. They include:
- Blast resistant seat for law enforcement or military
- Low cost chemical sensing;
- Delayed door latching for security applications;
- Software for emergency management;
- Infrared for debonding paint and adhesives;
- Corporate knowledge preservation software;
- Microwave method to reduce machine tool waste;
- Personal device for alerting corporate security issues;
- Low cost carbon nanotube production;
- Environmentally safe solvent for paint and adhesive removal; and
- Dry wipes for residue removal.
For more information including a link to the registration page, click here.