Four Northern Alabama companies in finals of latest “Alabama Launchpad” competition
Four companies from the northern part of Alabama will join with a Tuscaloosa-based start-up in today’s finals of the latest competition in the “Alabama Launchpad” series. They are competing for up to $250,000 from the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama.
Three of the four competitors call Huntsville home, while the fourth is from the Shoals area, specifically Florence. And, one of the four – MechOptix, was a recent participant in the just concluded “JusticeXL” accelerator run by the Southern Middle Tennessee Entrepreneur Centers.
The Huntsville-based companies have been part of a high-growth mentoring program run by Rocket Hatch. They are
- MechOptix, of Huntsville, has developed Stoptix, an automatic brake lamp that protects your vehicle from rear-end collisions.
- ACE Creative Engagement, of Huntsville, is a consumer grade tool to address the pains of live video broadcasting.
- Vital Metrix, of Huntsville, provides data to a patient’s cardiologist while the patient is home and allows for the better treatment of congestive heart failure and quality of life.
Read more about them in this Rocket Hatch release (PR ALL Mentoring 20151209).
The other competitors are:
- LiTeWater, of Tuscaloosa, filters and eliminates harmful bacteria and viruses from tap water through a breakthrough ultraviolet water treatment technology.
- PartCycle Technologies, of Florence, is an e-commerce marketplace for the auto parts industry that connects people who need auto parts with those who have them for sale, using a trustworthy, simple platform.